Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8, 2013: Capstone Project: Converse


Logo Re-Design
Fun Shirts and Socks
Shirt Designs for Converse
Socks / Bags / Shirts / Hats / Drink Labels
Socks for Converse
Drink Labels for Converse
Billboard for Converse
Poster/ Ad

This is a personal project that was done for my Capstone class where we had to put together everything we had learned about design and brand it. I decided that I wanted to do my project as if I worked at Converse since that's my dream job. Converse has a style targeted for creative, skater and rebel individuals and also regular everyday people. I first started with creating a whole new logo. In the process I came up with 4 designs but didn't like the other 3, so I was left with the best one (first picture). In this logo I had everything that represented the regular Converse logo and I was going for a "future" look but something simple. So I came up to let the block shapes form a C to represent Converse and of course the star to keep their traditional symbol. Converse sells more than shoes but apparel, so I designed bags, a shoe, hats, labels, and shirts. Converse has many sides to it. They have playful (comic, custom and neon) and they have the serious side (original and special addition) when it comes to shoes, so I represented those sides with the shirts, labels and socks. For example with the shirts for the design of one of them I put the logo in a custom comic shape bubble instead of the regular circle. In this project I also made a poster design to target roller skaters because Converse is targeted for skateboarders and snow boarders, but not something that makes more logical sense (they specialize in sneakers).       

No comments:

Post a Comment