Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17, 2013: Kids Cook Book

I've always had a thing for doing work that involves working with kids. For this collateral design project I made a child's cook book. I tried to design book covers that represented what was inside that particular series. Since it was designed for kids, I tried to keep it simple, but I may have made it a little too simple for the fact most kids don't like simple designs. Kids are more into fun detail. I'm not saying I don't like my design, but if I could change something it would be to add more detail like shadows and more implied texture since it's an illustration. With this design I also made a box cover mock up to put the books in that turned out very well. I designed a box that looked like a oven with an open and close front with a look through opening. The look through was designed so you can see the book numbers which made it feel like an interaction just like cooking in a real oven.      

No comments:

Post a Comment