Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013: Baby Shower Truck, Tags, Water Labels, and Spoons




Besides being a graphic design artist, I'm very skilled at other tasks like constructing, innovation and coming up with last minute things for clients if the time is on my side. For this client I was asked to do water labels and invitations. Since this was a baby shower event and the client and the mother to be are in my family, I really wanted to do more because lots of people never ask me what I like to do and what can I really do or create that's original and eye catching. I love creating other things out of reusable objects that some take for granted. I made up my mind that I wanted to construct a truck so I could display my takeaways for the guest instead of them just sitting on a table. The truck is made up of mostly Avon boxes, small noodle boxes, one car sun window visor, construction paper, ribbon,  plastic wrap, wire, toilet paper rolls, foil, plastic coins and packing paper to wrap the truck. Once I have an idea for making something and I visualize how I can achieve it, It usually looks exactly how I want it. The truck took a total of two days but 6 hours time. Along with the truck The host wanted to give away popcorn bags and spoons with kisses. The spoons had custom thank you tags while the pop corn bags had "It's a boy" label wrap. The water labels featured thank you tags and custom "It's a boy" information with nutrition facts. I got lots of compliments about my set up at the shower and asked how could they get a display for future events. I had no complications with design for the gifts or setting up the truck. I got a couple of hot glue gun burns here and there, but it usually happens when I'm very into a project that involves craft. I enjoyed doing this baby shower and if I could add or change anything, I would have maybe added a few clouds made out of balloons and cotton to hang over the truck from the ceiling.    

No comments:

Post a Comment