Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014: Remake a Magazine Spread


For this project; recreate a magazine from bottom up. Change the target audience, experiment with layout and type, and Completely change the logo and overall look of the original. I chose the Magazine Skate Slate. It was a really dull and very boring  when it came to the layout. The logo was ok, but I figured it would be more attractive to flair it up with type work. So in the logo I hid the "8" in the letter "k" but if you look and understand things about skateboarding, there you will find that it looks like a skate bowl and it still reads Skate Slate (Sk8 Slate). When it comes to layout, I love playing with setup and type. I used layers and bright colors for it reminds me of graffiti except type wise and legible and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment